Norditech Pty Ltd provides a range of environmental monitoring services including sales of environmental monitoring equipment, installation, support, maintenance and data monitoring.. We recognise that it is our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment extends to ensuring that the organisation’s operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, illness or property damage. Norditech Pty Ltd commits to continuous improvement in WHS management in order to eliminate workplace injury and illness.
Communication of the Policy
This policy is communicated to all staff through an electronic controlled copy placed on the company intranet with other relevant management system manuals, and placed on common area noticeboard/s. This policy is made available to the public via the company website.
- Provide safe equipment and systems of work
- Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe systems of work
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements, current industry standards and the requirements of AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors, visitors and customers to ensure their safety
- Provide support and assistance to employees
- · Continually improve its WHS systems materials and performance through predetermined targets and objectives
Managers are accountable for implementing this policy in their area of responsibility. This will be measured via their annual performance reviews. Management is responsible for:
- The provision and maintenance of the workplace in a safe and secure condition
- Active involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures
- Training employees in the safe performance of their assigned tasks
- The provision of resources to meet the health and safety commitment
Employees are to:
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures
- · Report all known or observed hazards to their immediate supervisor or manager
Application of the Policy
This policy is applicable to Norditech Pty Ltd in all its operations and functions including those situations where employees are required to work off site.
Norditech Pty Ltd is committed to consultation and co-operation between management and employees. Norditech Pty Ltd will consult with elected Employee Health and Safety Representatives (H&SR) and employees in any workplace change that will affect the health and safety of any of its employees or the operating functions of any of its sites.
Implementing the Policy
This policy will be carried out through a WHS program, which includes:
- Active involvement and commitment of managers
- Identification and control of hazards.
- Investigation and reporting of all accidents and dangerous incidents.
- Participation of and consultation with, workers on safety matters of significance.
- Provision of first aid and emergency procedures.
- Provision of information, training and supervision as necessary for safety.
This Policy will be reviewed every 12 months and when required by changes in legislation, or when company operations require it. If altered, workers will be consulted and notified of changes.